Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY Coffee Table

Regular readers of this blog will notice that I've been sharing more and more home decor posts with all of you. The truth is, I've always been a lover of any creative DIY project, and my love of food has always been linked to my love of pretty tableware. So, it was only natural that I start sharing some of my decor inspiration with all of you! As a regular contributor for Style at Home, decorating is a topic I love to discuss during work hours as well as during my leisure moments.



From holiday gift-wrapping tips, to easy DIY ideas and tabletop inspiration you'll be seeing more decor-themed posts so I hope you enjoy them!

These tables were incredibly easy to put together and I'm really happy with the end-result. It’s also a really budget-friendly project as each table can be made for under $25! If you’ve ever shopped at IKEA - and who hasn’t! - you’re probably familiar with these incredibly popular LACK side tables. IKEA now makes them with a high gloss finish which adds a little dose of luxury and shine to these basic tables. I bought two of them, and then glued a few decorative brass corners over each corner of the table. You can find the corners at most hardware stores for usually about $5 for a pack of 4. I stumbled upon this fun idea while browsing through Apartment Therapy's website.

What do you think of the final result?

3 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

easy and cool I like it

Juanita said...

I love how the brass fittings add an air of classy elegance and quirk to each table. And all for $25!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Juanita: I do too - and it's definitely a very, very inexpensive DIY!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin